Nungwi Fishing Village, Zanzibar!
In Nungwi fishing is a way of life! A bustling village located on the north western tip of Zanzibar Island. Here we are close to the very best big game fishing spots that Zanzibar has to offer! Furthermore, with sugar-fine, soft white beach sand and unbelievably clear turquoise waters, this beach must rank as one of the world’s best! It is by far the most popular beach in Zanzibar!
Indeed Nungwi may be a place for relaxation, but it is also a place to immerse yourself in the local customs by checking out the boat yards, the village and the local Nungwi fishing markets. Furthermore you will find loads of local bars, restaurants, hotels and lots of activities on offer. Due to our location on the west coast we are extremely fortunate to have the most breath taking sunsets almost every day! Find our office on the same property as Gerry’s Bar and Zanzibar Yacht Charter (Right next door to the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel). See our map below.
Things to do in Nungwi
See our list of things to do in Nungwi Village! Please get in touch with us should you require any further information regarding any of the activities below.
- Have lunch or sunset cocktails at Gerry’s Bar. Their dinner is great too and the music is fantastic!
- Visit the Fishmarket! Best time 6am – 7am. Bid on a fresh fish! 🙂
- Feed the turtles at the Mnarani Turtle Aquarium – $5 Entrance Fee
- Visit the local Dhow builders
- Go for a Village Walk
- Go for a Bicycle Tour
- Parasailing & Jetski’s
- Big Game Fishing
- Enjoy a Sunset Cruise onboard a luxury catamaran or a local dhow
- Go SCUBA Diving
- Go Snorkelling
- Enjoy a game of Beach Volleyball
Find our Nungwi office with the map below…