GENERAL RULES | RESERVATIONS | PRIVACY | CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS | CHARTERS | CUSTOMER BEHAVIOR | SAFETY | WEBSITE POLICY
Please take a moment to read our fishing charter terms and conditions. By making a booking you acknowledge that you have read our terms and conditions and agree with them. Knowing what is expected and abiding by these rules is vital in any cruising or fishing charter. Please help us keep you safe by adhering to these rules and listening to some basic instructions given by the Captain.
Prior to undertaking any charter it is important that the person booking the charter and all passengers understand the following terms and conditions.
FISHING CHARTER GENERAL RULES
- A licensed Captain and a mate will assist you and ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience aboard our boats.
- The Captain has total authority on the vessel and any decision made by the Captain overrides any other prior agreement and/or decision.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the departure time at the beach in front of Mangi’s Bar or The Z Hotel.
- If you are late we will wait for you, but the boat will return to port as scheduled.
- All tours will be scheduled after 8:00 AM and before 5:00 PM. The vessel must be back by 5:00 PM.
- Travel times to and from destinations are included in the length of the trip.
- Minimum number of passengers to make a trip is 1 and maximum of 5.
- The Captain will offer a safety brief on board before departure.
- Fishing Zanzibar Co Ltd will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any items or valuables brought on board the vessel by customers.
- We offer private fishing tours, snorkeling charters, sailing charters and sunset charters at Fishing Zanzibar Co Ltd. We do not split charters.
FISHING CHARTER RESERVATIONS
- All reservations must be booked at least three days in advance.
- All charters must be paid in full before departure.
- To reserve a date, a credit card payment is required. A 50% deposit is required for Full Day Fishing or Cruising Charters. Half Day Fishing or Cruising Charters must be paid in full at time of reservation.
- We accept VISA and Master Card only. (No American Express). Cash payments are also accepted, but a credit card is required to make the reservation.
- We accept reservations by phone or email.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUND POLICY
- We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled fishing charter or tour due to unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather or mechanical issues, even at short notice.
- If we cancel the charter there will be a full refund and the cancellation fee does not apply.
- It is at the Captain’s discretion whether the charter will be cancelled, a later departure or earlier return to port due to any circumstances or weather conditions.
- All cancellations by customers must occur with a minimum of 7 days’ notice prior to scheduled date.
- A cancellation fee of $150.00 will apply for Half Day Charters and $300.00 for Full Day Charters if adequate notice is not given.
- No show or cancellation within 24 hours of the scheduled charter date will incur 100% Charter Fee payment.
- In fishing tours there will be no refund if the fishing proves unsuccessful.
- If a person gets seasick or becomes unwell, the Captain will offer to spend the remaining time at the sea or return to port. Either way, there will be no refund.
- If the weather turns bad unexpectedly and the Captain decides to return to port, a partial refund maybe given.
FISHING CHARTER TOURS
- Minimum number of passengers for fishing charters is 1. Maximum number of passengers is 6.
- Four fishing lines are casted on every trip.
- A fishing license is not needed or required by guest anglers onboard our boats.
- Our boat is fully rigged for fishing. We provide quality fishing equipment (fishing rods/reels) for your use. We also provide the bait (fresh and artificial) and teasers. You may bring your own fishing rod/reel if you prefer. We will require reimbursement for any equipment damaged through negligence.
- We provide ice, bottled water, sodas and snacks. You are welcomed to bring other alcoholic beverages and heavier food to the boat.
- We can’t guarantee the fish will be biting on a particular day but we will do everything in our power to get you on the fish and cater for all levels of angler experience.
- It is our mission to optimize everyone’s opportunity to catch a fish. Fishing Zanzibar Co Ltd does not guarantee every customer catches a fish. Fishing is a sport of chance and many variables outside our control determine the catch rate.
- All Spearfish, Black Marlin, Blue Marlin, Striped Marlin, Sailfish, Swordfish, Sharks, Rays and Trevally Species are “Catch and Release” only.
CUSTOMER BEHAVIOR AND ALCOHOL
- It is required that all customers behave in a safe and respectful manner to all staff, other customers and our property.
- If we find that there has been loss or damage to our equipment or vessel due to negligence or unruly behavior then the customer will be liable for replacement or repair of the item (funds will be taken from the credit card that is held for security).
- The Captain reserves the right to cancel a trip and payment forfeited if unruly or unsafe behavior is displayed.
- Responsible consumption of alcohol is to be adhered to.
- The Captain reserves the right to refuse a passenger onboard the vessel if they are under the influence of alcohol and can cancel the trip with no refund.
- We welcome children of all ages. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Customers must follow the Captain’s instructions at all times while onboard.
- Our primary concern is for your safety, and you must comply with any instructions from the Captain immediately and without argument. This includes wearing life jackets when asked to.
1. Fishing Zanzibar Co Ltd may publish any pictures or videos taken on board the charters for web or promotional purposes. Any person who has issue with this should discuss the matter with the Captain or the manager prior to departure.
2. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
3. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to Fishing Zanzibar Co Ltd. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
4. Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
5. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).